After the customer purchased four x 12/12 Denseveyor pneumatic conveying systems to fuel supply of ground rice hulls to a biomass boiler, they followed-up by purchasing reliable Ashveyor bottom ash systems from Macawber to handle ash collected from a dust collector and ESP, as well as bottom ash. Customer was chiefly interested in eliminating dusty conditions and pipe blockages which necessitated a lot of hosing down and near constant labor. Customer’s previous systems were large blow-pot types which suffered from bridging as well.
- Material Ground Rice Hull ASH
- Bulk Density Average 300 kg/m3 (19 lb/ft3)
- Size 100% < 500µ, 80% < 200µ, 50% < 100µ
- Temperature Dust Collector Ash: 200°C (390°F), ESP Ash: 200°C (390°F), Bottom Ash: 350°C (660°F)
- Moisture 0%
- Condition Free flowing when aerated, highly abrasive
- Elimination of dusty conditions and pipe blockages.
- Reduce air consumption from existing systems.
- Reduce pipe and valve wear.
- Operate with 1 psig vacuum in baghouse.
- Prove concept at 20MW plant.
- Transfer Capacity 13.2Mt/h (14.5t/h) total, all systems
- Conveying Distance Average 70m (230ft)
- Reception Points One per system
- System operation is stable, reliable and efficient.
- Purchased directly through end user, using local contacts; dealing with local culture.
- Systems consume 1/3 the air of their previous systems equating to valuable efficiency gains.
- Customer is using plant as a proving ground for follow up projects elsewhere in Asia.