Originally patented in the late 1970’s, the Dome Valve is unique in its ability to open and close with a tight pressure seal in pneumatic conveying systems for abrasive materials. No other valve can achieve as long of a life in harsh environments like the Dome Valve. We are the original designers and patent holders of the Dome Valve.
Dome Valve Brochure (pdf)
Watch a Video:
The cut-away view below reveals the inner workings of the Dome Valve including the inflatable seal. The soft seating feature allows the Dome Valve to operate reliably and repeatedly in harsh, abrasive environments.
Pressure Valves – The Dome Valve:
- Pressure – up to 14 barg (200 psi)
- Design code – ASME sect. VIII Div. 1; PED; GB150
- Sizes – 50 – 750 mm (2 – 30 in)
- Material – Iron, Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel
- Temperature – up to 350 ° C (662 ° F)
- Inflatable seal self-compensates for wear as the valve is used.
- Valve can open and close through a static or moving column of material.
- Low-maintenance. Replacement time is quick.
- Temperature capabilities
- Cast or Stainless construction available. Teflon, Tungsten Carbide or other coatings available depending on customer need.