- Avoids Leakage: An inflatable seat is more effective than a hard of fixed nylon seat valve. The seat is pressurized against the closing member to entrap any particles and prevent them from moving over the seat surface under the influence of a pressure differential. If particles do not move they will not cause wear.
- Compensates for Wear: An inflatable seat will always move towards the spherical component seat under the influence of the compressed gas when sealing is required. As the seat face becomes scuffed or reduced the movement of the seat will compensate for the thickness reduction and continue to establish a pressurized seal.
- Complete Opening: The Dome Valve® inflatable seat valve is completely open and does not restrict flow when open. The closing spherical member is open away from the flow of material and is unaffected by the effects of media flowing through the valve. No restriction to flow through the valve when open.
- Zero Contact: The inflatable seat is not in contact with the closing member during opening and closing. The inflatable seat engages the closing member only when it has reached its closed position. Therefore, the possibility of wear is again reduced.
- Proven Concept: The inflatable seat concept was introduced to industry in 1974. Since that time more than 40,000 valve installations have been completed.
- High Temperature: Applications up to 43 barg have been completed for valve sizes to 600mm.
- High Pressure: Applications to 380°C have been completed without determent to the inflatable seat elastomer. This achieved with a unique water cooling process to the spherical component and the elastomer housing.
- Leak-Proof: The inflatable seat valves ensure leak-proof sealing operation after continuous operation when operating to isolate a pressure differential.
- Inflatable Seat: The sealing seat of the valve that engages the closing member for pressure sealing when the closing member reaches the full closed position.
- Zero Contact: Describes an automatic valve action that ensures that the valve seat is not in contact with the closing member until the pressure sealing is required.
- Compensation: Automatic adjustment of the inflatable seat to accommodate changes to the sealing requirements.
- Leak-Proof: No leakage across the valve when closed against a high pressure or vacuum differential. Exceeds an international standard of measurement.
3. Why Macawber?
- Experience: More than 10,000 installations and over 40 years of experience
- Wide product range: Equipment available for majority of applications
- Guarantee: 24 months as standard
- Continuous development: Two new patents granted recently and other improvements.
- International group
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified