A company relied on Macawber Engineering to pneumatically convey extremely friable alumina catalysts. The systems have operated trouble-free with virtually no degradation to the very fragile catalyst product.
Download Case Study: Alumina Catalyst (pdf)
- Material: Alumina Catalyst
- Bulk Density: 34 lbs./cu.ft
- Temperature: System 1 = 400°F, System 2 = Ambient
- Moisture Content: 0%
- Condition: Extremely fragile, free flowing
- Transfer of catalyst with minimum degradation to the product
- Reliable, low maintenance operation
- Transfer Capacity: 3600 lb/hr per system
- Conveying Distance: System 1 = 70 ft, System 2 = 100 ft
- Reception Points: One (1) for each system
- Gentle, low velocity conveying results in virtually no degradation to the product.
- Low wear to the schedule 40 pipe and lightweight bends