A company relied on Macawber Engineering to pneumatically convey extremely friable alumina catalyst. The systems have operated trouble free with virutally no degradation to the very fragile catalyst product.
Download Case Study: Alumina Catalyst (pdf)
- Material: Alumina Catalyst
- Bulk Density: 34 lbs./cu.ft
- Temperature: System 1 = 400°F, System 2 = Ambient
- Moisture Content: 0%
- Condition: Extremely fragile, free flowing
- Transfer of catalyst with minimum degradation to the product
- Reliable, low maintenance operation
- Transfer Capacity: 3600 lb/hr per system
- Conveying Distance: System 1 = 70 ft, System 2 = 100 ft
- Reception Points: One (1) for each system
- Gentle, low velocity conveying results in virtually no degradation to the product.
- Low wear to the schedule 40 pipe and lightweight bends