Chromite Foundry Sand
This project is interesting because it demonstrates some of the extraordinary service Macawber can perform in addition to plant/capital equipment in a project. The customer came to us having been a previous customer in the mid-‘80s. This customer performs foundry sand reclaiming for resale use in more foundry moulds. A few years ago they switched to chromite sand and were interested in updating our pneumatic conveying equipment they purchased 20 years before. So they requested a refurbishment service from us at the time of an additional equipment order of 5 systems. After putting a game plan together, we tackled the refurbishment on-site at their factory. The results have been 2 like-new systems plus the additional 5 brand-new. Our field-service team spent one week on-site ensuring the quality standard we require was met in this unconventional service offering we delivered. It goes to show that we sport the flexibility of a small company, with the flare of a larger international organization that sees our field-tech personnel travel world-wide.
Download Case Study: Chromite Foundry Sand – IL (pdf)
- Material Chromite Sand
- Bulk Density 100-160 lbs/cu.ft.
- Size 70% silica / 30% chromite,
- Temperature upto 400°F
- Moisture Content Dry
- Condition Free Flowing
- Refurbish mothballed systems to like-new With updated controls and programming
- Outfit additional processes with similar systems
- Ensure system performance with new untested material
- Transfer Capacity Max 12 t/h
- Conveying Distance 124 ft.
- Reception Points 1 each
- Air Consumption Max 120 cfm
- Ability to adapt to new material seamlessly
- On-site service to perform extensive system rebuild
- Performance guarantee, even of old refurbished systems