Pulverized Fuel Ash
A large company in England relied on Macawber Engineering at their Cottam Power Station (4×500 MW) to replace an existing fly ash handling system. The Macawber Ashveyor® System was installed on unit #2 to continuously convey pulverized fuel ash (P.F.A.) over a distance of 560 feet.
Download Case Study: Pulverized Fuel Ash (pdf)
- Material Pulverized Fuel Ash
- Bulk Density 53 lb/cu. Ft.
- Size < 100 micron
- Temperature Up to 400oF(205°C)
- Moisture < 1%
- Condition Highly abrasive, Free flowing when aerated
- Continuous Conveying of P.F.A.
- Air consumption efficiency
- Reliable consistent conveying.
- Maintain low pipe and valve wear.
- Transfer Capacity: 35 T/H
- Conveying Distance: 560 ft
- Pick-up Points: 9
- Reception Points: 1
- Trouble free conveying on a continuous 24 hour basis.
- No pipeline boosters are required on the Macawber technology.
- Low pipe wear – Macawber provides a no-wear guarantee.
- Vessels filled via the unique Macawber Dome Valve® technology.
- Compact design and low profile allows for easy retrofit installation in restricted headroom applications.
- Low velocity, dense phase conveying provides lower air consumption and increased energy efficiency.
- Customer relationship strengthened through solid delivery on promises.