Ground Rice Hull Ash
After the customer purchased four x 12/12 Denseveyor pneumatic conveying systems to fuel supply of ground rice hulls to a biomass boiler, they followed-up by purchasing reliable Ashveyor bottom ash systems from Macawber to handle ash collected from a dust collector and ESP, as well as bottom ash. The customer was chiefly interested in eliminating dusty conditions and pipe blockages which necessitated a lot of hosing down and near constant labor. Our customer’s previous systems were large blow-pot types which suffered from bridging as well.
Download Case Study: Ground Rice Hull Ash (pdf)
- Material: Ground Rice Hull Ash
- Bulk Density: Average 300 kg/m3 (19 lb/ft3)
- Size: 100% < 500µ, 80% < 200µ, 50% < 100µ
- Temperature: Dust Collector Ash: 200°C (390°F), ESP Ash: 200°C (390°F), Bottom Ash: 350°C (660°F)
- Moisture: 0%
- Condition: Free flowing when aerated, highly abrasive
- Elimination of dusty conditions and pipe blockages.
- Reduce air consumption from existing systems.
- Reduce pipe and valve wear.
- Operate with 1 psig vacuum in baghouse.
- Prove concept at 20MW plant.
- Transfer Capacity: 13.2Mt/h (14.5t/h) total, all systems
- Conveying Distance: Average 70m (230ft)
- Reception Points: One per system
1. System operation is stable, reliable and efficient
2. Purchased directly through end user, using local contacts; dealing with local culture
3. Systems consume 1/3 the air of their previous systems equating to valuable efficiency gains
4. Customer is using plant as a proving ground for follow up projects elsewhere in Asia